An open-source Windows FTP client uploads, downloads and manages files using specific software. This file transfer protocol involves two computers — a server and client — in which the server listens for connection requests from other computers. A client can manipulate the files, allowing you to rename or delete them. Unfortunately, that's the limit for a standard FTP client.
In addition to its restricted capabilities, a Windows FTP client requires multiple steps to launch and use it. And it comes with a handful of typical errors that hinder your ability to do your work. Even popular secure transfer protocols consider text editing and portable versions to be advanced features. Fortunately, there's a better option.
Share files with an effective Windows FTP client alternative
You don’t have to accept limitations and simple features promoted as extraordinary benefits. Citrix ShareFile is an FTP alternative that offers the benefits of FTP software coupled with a myriad of other advantages not available in those open-source offers.
There are two primary ways in which ShareFile distinguishes itself:
- File Sync — You and your colleagues can all work in one document that has the most accurate, updated versions of the file. And it only requires you to add the ShareFile Sync folder before you start saving files.
- Control — Take oversight of your data with permission settings, access assignments, authentication and sign-in requirements and much more.
Once you’ve synced and set your controls, the files shared within our platform can be revised and reviewed with a full history of user activity. And you can maintain absolute security of your information with a handful of important measures:
- SSAE 16 audited datacenters
- AES 256-bit encryption
- SSL/TLS protocols
- Data storage locations
- Disaster recovery centers
- Activity alerts and reports
- Remote wipe for lost or stolen devices
Mobility and support you can’t get with an FTP client
With 24/7 customer support and mobile editing, you can get the answers you need and access you want at all times using ShareFile. Discover the other ways in which ShareFile can provide advantages that you cannot get using a Windows FTP client and consider adding it to improve efficiency in your business.