While more businesses and organizations are using online file sharing to send large documents, most online file-sharing platforms lack security, capacity and customer support. With Citrix ShareFile, you can send big files quickly and easily, all for free, while enjoying top security, unlimited capacity and unparalleled customer support.
ShareFile is a cloud-based file-sharing service that enables businesses all over the world to share big files in an easy, convenient and affordable way. Our free 30-day trial allows you to share big files of up to 100 GB in just seconds with no further obligation. There’s no software to download or install and no special training required.
How can ShareFile help my business?
There are multiple ways to share files, but there is a reason over 58 million business professionals around the world use ShareFile. Free file-sharing uploads are everywhere, but downloading a free file-sharing program can be risky. Only platforms like ShareFile allow businesses to:
● Improve efficiency — Download and upload large files quickly.
● Improve communication — Seamlessly collaborate on projects across multiple departments.
● Improve workflow — Make changes to documents in real time.
● Improve productivity — Access files from any device any time.
What makes ShareFile different?
Downloading any free online file-sharing platform may seem like a good idea at first, but they don't meet expectations and can end up costing you more in the long term. Here is what makes ShareFile different from other free file-sharing platforms.
Security. Downloading free file-sharing programs (freeware) from the Internet can lead to security issues. There is always a chance that you could be downloading spyware or a virus that can compromise the security of your organization. It is also difficult to know where your files are being stored, if the server is safe and reliable and how often your files are backed up.
ShareFile uses 256-bit encryption (the highest level of security for file transferring) and backs up your files to multiple data centers. And you'll never have to worry about downloading spyware or a virus.
Capacity. Many free file-sharing programs offer limited storage options and do not support the exchange of big files. That means when you run out of storage or need to share a large file, you have to look for other options or download more free programs.
With ShareFile, you can store an unlimited amount of documents and share up to 100 GB at a time.
Support. The majority of free file-sharing programs offer little to no customer support, leaving you on your own to troubleshoot any problems that occur.
ShareFile, however, offers 24/7 customer support, online help resources and onboarding specialists.
Industry-specific solutions from ShareFile
We know that no two industries are alike. That is why we offer customized file-sharing solutions for a wide range of industries, such as:
- Real estate
Whether you are an architecture firm that needs to share a large design file or an accountant that needs to send secure emails to clients, ShareFile has a solution for you. This is what Alan Jones, owner of the insurance firm TPA Benefits, had to say after downloading ShareFile for his business:
“The part that we love the best is that we can send something to the carriers and get a timestamped email back when they open the document. That has proved invaluable to us. It’s amazing how many times they say, ‘We didn’t get the file,’ and we reply, ‘Yes, you did,’ and copy and paste from the notification email. A few minutes later we can see them go back and download it again!”
Large file sharing: how ShareFile works for you
According to a report by Mobile Enterprise, "Nearly three out of four employees (74 percent) report that it's important to their work to be able to share files easily with coworkers, partners and customers. Yet, 67 percent still struggle with ensuring files across teams and organizations are up-to-date ..." Mobile Enterprise also reported that 47 percent of employees struggle with sending big files.
But sharing large files doesn't have to be difficult. In fact, with ShareFile, large file sharing is simple. Here's how our safe and easy-to-use file-sharing platform works:
1. Your file is uploaded to a secure server that allows for an unlimited number of documents.
2. Next, your file is stored in an SSAE 16 audited datacenter and is protected during storage by AES 256-bit encryption. Your files are also backed up on multiple other datacenters, each with additional power sources and secured servers.
4. Our activity tracker keeps a detailed record of any files sent. You will receive an email alert notifying you when a transaction has occurred.
5. If you need to revert to original versions of files you have sent, our file versioning feature keeps previous iterations on hand.
How to upload a file
Before you can share big files, you'll need to know how to upload. Here is everything you need to know about uploading a large file to your ShareFile account.
1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click Create Folder and give your new folder a user-friendly name.
3. Drag and drop your file directly into the web application, or choose the Upload Files option, browse the files on your computer and choose one for upload. Don't forget you can upload multiple files with the Add More option.
How to share a file
Once you've uploaded a large file to your account, you are ready to share. Simply select the file — or use the checkboxes to select multiple files — and right-click.
Next, decide how you want to share your file, either through our secure email system or through a secure link that you can copy and paste into an email, chat app or document. Once you've decided how you would like to share you file, follow these steps for each option.
If you choose to use the Email with ShareFile option:
1. Once you have selected a file and right-clicked, select Email with ShareFile.
2. On the next screen, enter a recipient's emails address manually or with the address book, add personal message and customize your message options.
3. To attach an extra file, use the Add More button to add files uploaded to your account or stored on your computer.
4. Click Send.
If you choose to use the Get a Link option:
1. Select a file or files and right-click, then click Get a Link. Here you can add more files either from your ShareFile account or directly from your computer.
2. If you wish to change the notification or security settings for the link, click Edit Link Options and make any necessary changes.
3. Click Get a Link. The link provided is a secure link that you can copy and paste anywhere you need.
Just how big is 100 GB?
Users of the ShareFile Business or Enterprise plans can store an unlimited amount of files and transfer up to 100 GB at a time. 100 GB of data allows you to:
● Send a file containing 10 million emails
● Transfer over 25,000 photos
● Share over 20,000 songs
● Transmit 62 hours of HD video
Do more with ShareFile
With ShareFile, you make large file uploads simple and share big files quickly and easily. But you can do even more. Our software is secure, scalable and customizable based on the needs of your business. With our software, you can:
● Organize data — Keep track of changes made to files on your account with notifications and alerts. You can also store monthly statements, tax records and other files.
● Get signatures within seconds — With our e-signature feature from RightSignature, you can send files for electric signature right form your ShareFile account. Once your files are signed, they automatically save back to their original ShareFile folder.
● Protect your documents — Our software stores all of your files in SSAE 16 datacenters, features AES 256-bit encryption and has disaster recovery centers in the United States and Europe. It also provides detailed activity reports and tracking features so you'll always know when a file has been accessed or edited.
● Work from anywhere — Our software can be synced to multiple iOS, Android, Windows and Blackberry devices — including smartphones, tablets and multiple computers. With our easy mobile apps, you can have access to your important documents from anywhere at any time.
Share big files for free
Consider choosing an alternative to risky free programs, and send large files free with our 30-day free trial from ShareFile. You can find the security you want with little effort in a short period of time.
All you need is your name, email address and a ShareFile password. From there, you can start to enjoy everything your free 30-day trial has to offer, including:
● The ability to share big files of up to 100 GB in size, including high-definition art, media files and other large documents
● Unlimited storage, so you'll never have to delete files to free up space
● Accounts for up to five employees for team collaboration
● 24/7 support by phone and email, so you’re never left out in the cold
● Custom portal branding from our team of graphic artists
● Microsoft Outlook integration for a seamless workflow
● File security with state-of-the-art encryption, password protection, remote wipe and more
● Desktop folder syncing to streamline data across all channels
● Remote file-sharing capabilities with mobile security, so you can safely share from anywhere
● A user management tool that keeps your accounts synced up with your Active Directory
Sign up for your free trial now, and experience just how simple file sharing can be.