The convenience of email has done wonders for businesses everywhere. But the inability to send large files over email systems has been equally hindering.
Business News Daily conducted a survey of 1,240 project managers that discovered:
● a lack of communication with team members is a “major headache” for 37% of respondents
● a total of 26% were unsatisfied with the limits on their mailbox sizes
● a whopping 38% find tracking down specific emails in a thread to be a pet peeve
Perhaps even more telling is this line:
“While the majority of project managers feel that investing in new technologies could reduce time, money and stress, only 52% of their IT departments support the use of new tech solutions.”
It comes as no surprise then that over 60 million professionals have turned to Citrix ShareFile for an alternative to sending large files through email. Actually, it’s a shock the rest of the business world hasn’t joined them.
Send large files with ShareFile, not email
"Email is easy and convenient, but business users know that it’s a problematic way to send sensitive information. Email provides no protection for data during sending, transferring information in plain text that can be intercepted and read by anyone. Further, businesses often need to send large files, whether video, audio, images and drawings, or lengthy PDF files. Attaching files larger than just a few megabytes can cause errors when sending, bounce backs from recipients’ inboxes and unnecessary use of inbox and server storage space. Companies need a secure, robust alternative to email to help them send large and sensitive files quickly and confidently."
ShareFile is cloud-based file transferring software. What can it do that email cannot?
● Send large files. ShareFile allows you to send files of up to 100 GB in size, far greater than the limits imposed by leading email servers. With ShareFile, there’s no need to break down large files into multiple pieces for transferring.
● Store unlimited documents. Your inbox will not fill up as files are kept securely in the cloud. And a text search feature makes for quick and easy access of stored files.
● Access files anywhere. Receiving a large file through email requires you to save it to your hard drive for editing or re-sending. ShareFile keeps your files in the cloud, so you can access them from any device in any location.
● Send with security. ShareFile keeps documents encrypted during transfer and storage, a security feature not commonly found in email systems.
● Send with speed. Sending large files through email can slow your server or network to a crawl. With ShareFile, your large files change hands instantly.
With ShareFile, you won't have to download any third party software or follow complicated set-up instructions. Once your files have been uploaded, you can send them to co-workers and clients with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- Once you've uploaded a large file to your account, you are ready to share.
- Select the file — or use the checkboxes to select multiple files — you want to share and right click.
- Decide how you want to share your file, either through our secure email system or through a secure link that you can copy and paste into an email, chat app or document.
If you choose to use the Email with ShareFile option:
- Select a file, right click and select Email with ShareFile.
- Now you can enter a recipient's email address manually or with the address book, add a personal message and customize your message options.
- To attach an extra file, use the Add More button to select more files.
- Press send.
If you choose to use the Get a Link option:
- After selecting a file or files, click Get a Link. Here you can add more files either from your ShareFile account or directly from your computer.
- If you want to change the notification or security settings for the link, click Edit Link Options.
- After you are finished click Get a Link. The link provided is a secure link that you can copy and paste anywhere you like.
Start sending large files for free
Over 60 million professionals use ShareFile, and by signing up for a free 30-day trial, you can become one of them. Our 30-day free trial includes:
- 1TB of storage with the ability to increase upon request
- 5 employee accounts
- Custom branding
- 24/7 telephone and email support
- Encrypted transfer and storage
- Plugin for Microsoft Outlook
- Desktop Sync
- User Management Tool
- Mobile Device Security
- Encrypted email
- File check-in/check-out
Start sharing now with Citrix ShareFile.