Your business needs to transfer files safely and efficiently. You'll need secure file sharing software that allows you a user-friendly, secure and accessible approach to your file-sharing needs. There are some powerful software solutions for your file transfer needs, and by understanding how they work, you'll find the right choice for you.
A more secure way to share files
At ShareFile, we leave no stone unturned when looking for ways to enhance security for file sharing. Just some of the measures we take include the following:
- Datacenters are SSAE 16 accredited that are high on durability and undergo regular safety audits.
- Encryption occurs with the same degree of protection — AES 256-bit — as top secret information filed by the U.S. Government.
- Download alerts occur when a file is retrieved from the cloud, informing all users of the identity of the recipient.
- Activity reports track every upload, download, edit and modification of files.
- Remote wipe happens whenever a device is lost or stolen.
- HIPAA and FINRA regulations are supported by all of our security functions.
- Files self-destruct when a downloaded file remains dormant on a device for a select number of days and users can opt for file retention after upload.
- Firewalls are securely configured to control network access.
- File versioning allows you to see and revert back to previous versions of files that existed between edits.
- Backups of files occur on a regular basis to multiple server locations around the globe.
- Password policies include custom character specs, multi-factor authentication and lockouts following unsuccessful attempts.
- File integrity is maintained with a hashed message authentication code (HMA C) that authenticates intra-system communication.
This is just a brief list of the efforts we make to secure the safety of your file sharing. See a complete list of all the measures we take or sign up for a free 30 day trial to experience our commitment to safety firsthand.