Does your business still rely on email and file transfer protocol (FTP) servers to transfer big files? If so, it’s time to make a change for the better. You might argue that it’s a system that’s worked just fine for years. To that we say:
- Email may be your business’s go-to method of sending and receiving files, but it’s not a foolproof system. There’s a cap not only on file attachment sizes but also the size of your inbox itself.
- FTP servers require ongoing management and maintenance by your IT staff. This old school method is reliable, but wouldn’t you rather your staff focused on more productive tasks?
- FTP servers lack encryption, which means they offer less security than cloud-based sharing methods.
Citrix ShareFile offers seamless desktop integration with Microsoft Windows Explorer, Mac Finder and Microsoft Outlook to transfer large files more easily. ShareFile gives you full access to your data no matter where a file is located or how big it is. Our Plugin for Microsoft Outlook enables you to attach files up to 10 GB in size to normal emails compared with the limit of 10-25 MB size allowance provided by email services. And ShareFile provides best-in-class security, offering 256 bit-encryption that meets Federal Information Processing Standards.
The benefits of transferring big files with ShareFile
While you could upload big files onto a USB drive and mail it express to a client or co-worker in another location as a last resort, we’re pretty sure it wouldn’t be very convenient and definitely not timely. Avoid the hair pulling or exasperated sighs that generally accompany failed large file transfer attempts by letting us offer you an easy-to-use alternative.
The security measures of ShareFile support the efforts of HIPPA, FINRA and other industry regulations. We offer:
- High-level data encryption — If your file sharing service isn't encrypting data, your confidential information could be exposed to unauthorized users. ShareFile uses AES 256-bit encryption — the same standard used by the U.S. government for sensitive files. And our file protection doesn't end there. With ShareFile your files remain encrypted whether your data is in transfer or at rest in our servers.
- Datacenter protection — Did you know "the cloud" where your data is stored is actually made up of brick-and-mortar servers. If those servers are damaged by natural disasters, your important information could be lost for good. That is why ShareFile backs up your data to SSAE 16 audited servers in multiple other datacenters around the globe. In the event of a natural disaster, your information can still be retrieved.
- Custom security settings — Every company is unique, and the security settings that work for some might not work for others. That is why ShareFile offers customizable security settings. Take advantage of download alerts, file activity reports, remote wipe and more.
ShareFile offers four levels of file storage and transferring services, including a customizable enterprise service that allows you send large files of up to 100 GB and comes with unlimited storage. All our plans were designed with businesses in mind and include:
- 24/7 telephone and email support.
- Customized branding so your business’s image is always present.
- Unlimited client use.
- Mobile and desktop access.
- Easy syncing of files and folders to the cloud.
- Unlimited file versioning so you always have access to previous drafts.
- Multi-factor security, including industry-standard encryption, firewall protection and scanners.
We want to simplify your daily workflow while increasing your employees’ efficiency and productivity levels. Contact us to start your 30-day free trial of ShareFile today.