File sharing can be done with a basic email system. Photos, graphics, videos and text documents can also be sent using a computer's internal file sharing software.
But in order to maximize file-sharing capabilities, a third-party file sharing program like Citrix ShareFile can make a big difference.
The wonders of file sharing programs
Why go the extra mile for a file sharing program when you can just email everything? Well for starters, you can't email everything. Here's what file sharing programs can do that email and stock software fail to do.
- Store data in the cloud. A cloud-based program like ShareFile allows you to upload data of unlimited capacity. You won't slow down your hard drive or fill up space on a USB.
- Send massive files. Data capacity continues to grow. ShareFile users can send files of up to 100 GB in size. No need to break up the file into multiple attachments like with email.
- Get increased security. ShareFile uses the same level as encryption that the U.S. Government uses for Top Secret files. Data is stored in servers in highly-secure datacenters that are regularly audited and backed up to multiple other datacenters of equal security.
- Share from anywhere. The cloud-based nature of ShareFile lets users upload, download, send and access files from any location at any time from a range of devices that includes desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
- Have accountability. Administrators of ShareFile documents are alerted when a file is downloaded and all file activity is tracked and recorded. Previous versions of files are stored and made accessible if needed.
- Provide enhanced client satisfaction. With ShareFile, user portals can be customized to your company's colors, logo and brand image. Clients enjoy an unlimited number of users and 24/7 customer support.
You can read all about the features of ShareFile, but if you want to truly get a grasp of how our file sharing program can perform, take us up on a free 30-day trial and start sharing files in just minutes.