Learning how to upload files and folders — quickly, easily and securely — is an important skill for any office environment. Thankfully, software solutions exist that simplify the process. Citrix ShareFile is a cloud-based system designed for your business's file-sharing needs.
How to upload files with ShareFile
- Log in to your account. Simply go to the URL of your account, and enter your username and password.
- Click the folder where you would like to store the file. If you do not see any folders, create one by clicking on Create Shared Folder.
- Drag files into the upload zone. You can also manually select a file by clicking Choose Files.
- Open the file. Now the file is ready to be uploaded.
- Upload the file. Simply click Upload Files, and you are done!
Once you have successfully uploaded a file to ShareFile, you can share it with as many recipients as needed by choosing the email address of the person(s) you wish to share the file with. Recipients will receive an email notification once a file has been shared. You even have the option to receive an email notification once the recipient has downloaded the file, keeping you and your colleagues on the same page from start to finish.
Do more than upload files
With ShareFile, you can do so much more than just uploading and storing files. Our software also allows you to share files among co-workers and clients, and is secure, scalable and customizable based on the needs of your specific industry. With ShareFile, you can:
- Organize data — Store monthly statements, tax records and other files and keep track of changes made to files on your account.
- Get signatures within seconds — Our e-signature feature enables clients and colleagues to instantly and electronically sign documents right from their computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Send confidential documents — Our software stores all of your files in SSA16 datacenters, features AES 256-bit encryption and provides detailed activity reports and tracking features.
- Work from anywhere — You can sync our software to multiple iOS, Windows, Android and Blackberry devices, including smartphones, tablets and multiple computers. ShareFile allows you access to your important documents from anywhere at any time as long as you have Internet access.
- Archive account files — ShareFile allows you to access older versions of files and documents you have archived. Note: this feature is only available for specific ShareFile plans.
ShareFile and security, speed, storage capacity
ShareFile understands that these are three primary pain points of file sharing. Here’s how we approach each one:
Security — During transfer and while at rest, we encrypt your files in our SSAE 16 accredited datacenters and save those files multiple times to additional datacenters. Additionally, if a device containing your shared documents becomes lost or stolen, you can remotely wipe them.
Speed — An article published by Computerworld found that “ShareFile uploaded a 100MB file containing PDF documents, JPG images and TIFF images in 7 min. 27 sec.,” making it up to more than 39 percent faster than other file-sharing platforms on the market.
Storage capacity — “How many documents can I upload to ShareFile? Are there size restrictions on sent files?” These are common questions when choosing a file-sharing company. With ShareFile, you can upload an unlimited number of documents and send up to 100 GB of data at a time.
ShareFile is chosen by more than 60 million business professionals worldwide. Still haven’t clicked that link to get a free trial? It’s not too late! Try ShareFile out today!