Emailing files is a necessity for most businesses, but it can be difficult for companies that must regularly send large files through a secure email. When sending files through email, sensitive company data and private client files are more at risk to be compromised. It is easy for emails to be sent to the wrong person, and documents containing private or confidential information could fall into the wrong hands.
And the frustration doesn't end there. Email services often limit the size of files that you can send, meaning for large files, you may be stuck coming up with roundabout ways to send them, such as breaking them into smaller files.
Frustrating as it is, that’s the reality you face when trying to email large files. There’s a steadfast cap on file attachment sizes that isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. This means you have two choices:
1) Break up your large file into smaller parts (as in, my nightmare, table of one?); or
2) Find an alternative method that specializes in sending large files.
Say adios to your email’s attachment size limit.
Sure, several sources that offer services for transferring large files, but wouldn’t it be nice to send that file together with the email you’re writing? Citrix ShareFile combines two steps into one with its Plugin for Microsoft Outlook. This plugin allows you to simply click a button and attach files to your email using ShareFile.
Our goal is to provide you with a secure, business-friendly way to send and receive any kind of file (including high-resolution videos and photos) without having to worry about exceeding a size limit. Cloud-based storage also means having access to your files from any web-based device, giving you and your team members the flexibility to collaborate from any location. ShareFile seamlessly integrates with your workflow and gives you the option to customize your online interface so it’s consistent with your business’s professional image.
Wave goodbye to security concerns
When it comes to sharing files with clients and co-workers, security shouldn't be taken lightly. Here's how ShareFile makes the security of your files top priority.
- High-level data encryption — ShareFile uses AES 256-bit encryption — the same standard used by the U.S. government for classified files. And we maintain file encryption whether your data is in transfer or at rest in our servers.
- Datacenter protection — The files you upload to send are stored in the cloud, which is actually comprised of brick-and-mortar servers. If those servers are damaged, your information could be lost. But with ShareFile, your data is backed up to SSAE 16 audited datacenters around the globe.
- Custom security settings — ShareFile enables you to customize your security settings. Choose to use download alerts, file activity reports, remote wipe and more.
Send files quickly and easily with ShareFile
With ShareFile, users can:
- Quickly and easily send big files or folders up to 10 GB
- Access ShareFile from anywhere at anytime with desktop and mobile apps
- Send secure links from Microsoft Outlook with the ShareFile Plugin for Outlook
- Clean up your inbox with cloud-based file storage and access
- Customize your portal for a more professional image
Sign up for our free, 30-day free trial and find out just how simple sending large files can be.