With the surge in cloud technology coinciding with remote working, there's been no shortage of file-sharing companies springing up to offer professionals a place to exchange and store data and information. If you're looking to get in on the cloud game, here are ten characteristics any good file-sharing company should have.
Ten signs a file sharing company is doing it right
There are different ways file sharing companies will try to differentiate themselves in the marketplace. But at the core, every good file-sharing company will share these following traits.
- Accommodating bandwidth — Email systems have file-size restrictions. A great file-sharing company will allow users to go above and beyond those limitations.
- Ease of use — Sending a file shouldn't be a complicated matter, and companies should prioritize user-friendliness.
- Speed of transfer — Anything that takes longer to send than a traditional email is not what you need.
- Security of files — This is the most important thing. Don't trust any company that skimps on security.
- Compatibility of devices — Professionals use a wide variety of computers and devices, and they need to be able to share files easily from all of them.
- Integration of tools — You use so many tools for several different tasks. You shouldn't have to put them aside to send a file.
- Affordability — Sharing a file doesn't — and shouldn't — cost a fortune.
- Support — You can't afford to have a file get stuck because of a glitch. A good file-sharing company will offer 24/7 technical support.
- Customization — They're your files. You should have control over client portal setup or configurations.
- Accountability — It's not unreasonable to expect a way to monitor and trace files as they are uploaded, downloaded or modified.
Citrix ShareFile offers each of these features and more. To experience the power of this file sharing company, sign up a for a free 30-day trial today.