Collaboration tools are designed to enhance communication. But just like the range of communication, the scope of collaboration tools is so large, it is challenging to determine which to select.
The needs for collaboration tools will differ from one place to the next as communication practices vary from company to company. So choosing the right tool often comes down to examining your communication desires.
What makes good communication?
Consider some of these characteristics of effective communication, and pick out the ones that are most important to you and your company. Then you’ll have a starting point for choosing the collaboration tools that will suit you best. And sometimes, the answer will come from within.
Good communication can happen from anywhere. If remote communication is an instrumental part of your company, so too should a collaboration tool that will allow for it.
Loud and clear
You need a channel that is unmuted and free of interference to avoid mixed signals or loss of information.
Just as the world’s population speaks different languages, we also use different devices and operating systems. Good collaboration can’t happen if it’s lost in translation between tools.
Communication should be private and protected when needed. Security is nothing to compromise when choosing a collaboration tool.
We don’t ever want communication to be lost permanently. A good collaboration tool will be able to track a recorded history of all communication and prevent overwrites and data loss.
Communication can sometimes be too broad. The right kind of tool can narrow your focus and add a personal touch that reflects your brand.
A collaboration tool that does it all
Citrix ShareFile is a cloud-based file-sharing application that satisfies each of the above characteristics and serves as a collaboration tool for millions of professionals in a wide range of industries.
Collaboration with clients
"Citrix ShareFile + RightSignature helps businesses of all sizes securely collaborate by accessing, sending, receiving and storing documents and obtaining legally binding e-signatures for them in minutes. By integrating seamlessly into your workflow, ShareFile + RightSignature let you save time and money while managing paperless documents needing signature and impressing your clients with how easy it is to use."
- Upload any document with text fields and checkboxes for your client to fill out with text fields and include a hand-drawn signature placed directly on your document.
- Reusable Templates allows you to set up a document once and send it over and over again.
- Your signed digital documents are archived and protected by bank-level security and available for download as PDF.
- Keep track of every document with automated email alerts that notify you when a recipient has received, read and signed the document.
- Enjoy legal protection with password-protected login, biometric signature capture and tamperproof audit log.
Collaboration with team members
With Citrix ShareFile, you receive a solution that offers these advantages for you and your team members:
- Integrates seamlessly with your team’s workflow. With ShareFile you can share large files up to 100GB.
- Encourages cloud collaboration by giving you the flexibility to access files from any location with any iOS, Android, Windows or Blackberry device with Internet access.
- Provides unlimited file versioning and storage so that your team can brainstorm and create as much as they want.
- Allows for customizable security settings, including AES 256-bit encryption, firewall and virus scanners.
- Includes remote wipe tool which lets administrators remove files from any computer in case a device is stolen or an employee leaves the team.
What else should communication be? Free, and with ShareFile it is for 30 days under our no-obligation trial. Give it a try to discover the collaboration tool that has proved effective for businesses everywhere.