There are tons of cloud service providers out there vying for your business, and more are opening their (virtual) doors every day. But all providers are not created equal. These facts about cloud data security prove how important data security really is.
Revealing stats about cloud data security
Data security has been a hot-button issue lately. There are endless statistics, but here are a few to consider:
- 51 percent of respondents in one survey believed that stormy weather can interfere with cloud computing. In fact, the ‘cloud’ refers to a computer network used to store, access, and share data from Internet-connected devices and remote data centers.
- In the same survey, 54 percent of respondents claimed that they hadn't ever used cloud computing. In reality, 95 percent of the respondents used the cloud for many everyday tasks on the Internet.
- It would take one billion billion years to crack a 128-bit AES key using a brute force attack. Citrix ShareFile uses 128-bit encryption to protect files during transfer, and 256-bit AES to protect at-rest files, so it would take even longer.
- More than 70 percent of data breach attacks exploit known vulnerabilities. ShareFile users don’t have to worry about updates or patches — our product is always up to date.
- The average cost of a corporate data breach is $3.5 million.
- Servers are among the most frequently breached asset. ShareFile servers integrate with market-leading Data Loss Prevention (DLP) products to enable content-aware sharing restrictions.
- Cloud data security is essential, but the Ponemon Institute says 43 percent of companies had a data breach in 2014. The same survey found 27 percent of companies don’t have a data breach response plan or team in place.
- 64 percent of security incidents at financial services firms involved current or former employees, according to The Global State of Information Security Survey 2016. ShareFile provides file and folder controls for extra security. Users can control who sees each file or folder and can track actions taken.
Want to learn more about how ShareFile protects its customers? Contact us at 1-800-441-3453 or start your free trial today!