When clients first learn about you, how you present yourself and your firm can make or break the deal. That’s why the design of your website must be clean, easy to navigate and well rounded. Let’s consider some of the most important characteristics that are essential for having a successful accounting website.
With technology playing such as integral role in our daily lives, it’s no surprise that it’s more important than ever to have a well-established online presence to position yourself for the best chance for success.
In his article for CPA Practice Advisor, K2 Enterprises and Network Management Group, Inc., Executive Vice President Randy Johnston discusses the importance of an accountant’s website, no matter if they’re local or national, and makes suggestions for how to improve its effectiveness. Johnston says what makes a website stand out include:
● Ease of navigation
● Loading speed and performance
● Ability to be found by search engines
● Localization including local search
● Ability to run in different browsers on different devices
He also notes it’s important that your site supports your business model and can be enhanced by using portal capability, integration of online accounting, news feeds and self-produced content through social media.
Consistent brand identity is key. This is where Citrix ShareFile can help you out with our user-friendly, customizable features.
Enhance how your firm collaborates with a customized solution
Sharing confidential information is not a process to be taken lightly, but it shouldn’t be overly complicated either. That’s why we’ve designed ShareFile for accounting to be a simple and secure way for accounting and tax professionals to exchange confidential or large business files.
Some key features of our easy-to-use solution are:
● Client portal — Our client portal provides you and your clients with an easy, secure way to send and receive confidential files, including tax returns and QuickBooks files.
● Customization — We custom brand the design of your portal so that it integrates with your web presence instead of distracting from it.
● Email integration — Say goodbye to email attachment size limitations. Our convenient and secure ShareFile Plugin for Microsoft Outlook enables you to embed secure links to files right from your email and track the download activity of those links. It also streamlines how your clients send you files with a secure “request a file” link.
● Transfer large files — You can share large files and folders up to 100 GB in size easily through our web-based solution. Also, create unlimited client folders and set permissions so only specific users will be able to access each folder at any time.
● Flexible access — Access to your ShareFile account is web-based, meaning you and your account’s users have 24/7 access to shared files and folders from any web-based mobile device or desktop.
● Security — All files stored in the portal are transmitted with 128-bit SSL encryption, and all our data centers are SSAE 16 accredited to ensure your data is fully secure. ShareFile supports compliance with state and federal security regulations. Granular folder-level permissions within the portal ensure clients are only able to see folders they’ve been granted specific access to view.
Learn more about how ShareFile can enhance your accounting website and daily workflow today.