When I first started working at Citrix almost a year and a half ago, I remember hearing about our new building and feeling like it was some sort of distant dream. To me, our current Raleigh offices are the best I’ve ever seen — unlimited snacks, foosball tables, a young and energetic workforce, etc. But the closer we get to making this dream a reality, the more and more excited everyone seems to be.
Recently, in one of the town hall-style meetings we have to keep everyone informed of the status of construction, ShareFile Founder Jesse Lipson was asked what he is most excited about with the move. His answer? The fitness center, which includes a yoga studio, racquetball court and basketball court.
(Let’s make that the first thing we’re excited to have.)
But that got me thinking: what is everyone else most excited to see? After asking around, here’s what other Citrix employees in Raleigh had to say about the new building:
- “I’m excited to work, live and play all in the same area.” – Gina Lukasik, customer care support representative
- “Healthy snacks!” – Lauren Mattingly, partner relationship manager
- “Being in t-shirts and jeans while most people who work downtown are in suits and ties.” – Alex Hofford, customer success manager
- “Being in the heart of an exciting, revitalized area of downtown. It’s exciting to see the new types of commerce our arrival will bring to the warehouse district!” – Kati Gustafson, senior recruiter
- “Working downtown, we’ll be able to participate in the community more and be right in the thick of things when events are happening.” – Nicole Collins, sales training development manager
- “Being able to walk or bike to work.” – Hayley Bushnell, project manager
- “More space to work, indoors and out.” – Pari Sethuraman, corporate sales manager
- “Being in a brand new, freshly renovated space customized just for us.” – Scott Davis, senior financial analyst
- “Working in a LEED certified green building.” – Jackie Shriver, major accounts manager
And I’d like to add one more thing. I’m most excited about our new building having all of our amazing coworkers — every department — under one awesome roof.