Let’s face it. “Data sprawl” is the new reality – and a significant challenge for today’s IT infrastructure. Content is stored on devices, in the cloud, in company storage repositories such as SharePoint and One Drive, and in personal cloud tools. And it’s causing enormous problems.
Connecting to and protecting your data
Citrix ShareFile helps you regain control over your corporate data –in the office and on the go. Drive Mapper allows you to connect a ShareFile account as a mapped drive in Windows without performing a full data sync. You’ll only need to maintain a small data cache on local hard drives, significantly reducing local storage needs. This feature also supports access to files stored on Network Drives, SharePoint, Personal Cloud Connectors, Office 365 Connectors, and Restricted Zones.
Benefits for IT
- Performance Improvements: Reduce storage needs and increase network performance
- Seamless Virtualization: Work within Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop environments
- Storage Flexibility: Store files on-premises, in a public cloud, or in private clouds
- IT Control: Deploy the tool via MSI and define permissions through group policy
- Ease of Use: Allow users to access and share content without changing their day-to-day workflows
Deploying Drive Mapper to Users
There are two ways to download Drive Mapper:
- Users login and download it from the ‘Apps’ tab of their ShareFile account
- Admins perform push installation for all users using the Downloads page.
To learn more, check out our Drive Mapper Knowledgebase article.
This blog post on Citrix.com also explains Drive Mapper in greater detail.