With booming economies around the globe, companies are seizing the opportunity to build their empires. With low unemployment and high competition for talent, organizations must give their workers the technology and tools they need to stay productive — or face rebellions. But, there’s data they must protect to keep the trust of their customers and employees. If they don’t protect it, it can cause death, as they star in unfortunate stories about porous security.
Here’s the thing about your employees: they don’t want to be the rogue ones. They want to use the tools that IT has approved. But, those tools can’t be an impediment to productivity or difficult to use.
So how do these growing organizations balance providing employees with the tools they need against using force? Here are seven key things to look for in a content collaboration tool so your workers don’t turn to the dark side:
- Unified access to all their documents – Most organizations have documents scattered everywhere, including in on-premises file servers, SharePoint, and personal cloud storage sites. Accessing those repositories creates an inconsistent experience for end users. It’s also hard to find documents, leaving end users to think, “These aren’t the files I’m looking for.” ShareFile enables IT to connect to legacy content repositories, creating unified access with a consistent experience to all the documents in your organization.
- Automation of manual tasks – Anthony, who works in accounting, approves purchase orders. Carrie, Harrison, and Mark submitted approvals for the new laptops they’re buying, so Anthony will see three POs. Approving these POs is a manual, time-consuming effort for him. With ShareFile, he’ll be able to automate this process, freeing his time to focus on higher-value activities.
- Streamlined feedback and approvals – The top reason ShareFile customers send documents to collaborators is to get feedback or an approval on a document. The primary tool to gather that feedback or approval is email. When you share a document with a large group of collaborators via email, there will be the inevitable flurry of responses that take over your inbox. You can attempt to weather the storm and be a trooper, but the reality is that email is not the right tool for the job. Feedback and approval workflows move the process out of email and into ShareFile. The right tool for the job, these workflows creates a centralized, streamlined workspace for your team to collaborate.
- Integrated eSignature – Prospective employees who sign job offer letters quickly can start at your company sooner. Getting a fast signature on a sales contract means closing a deal faster. But what if the person who needs to sign that document is far, far away? With an integrated, legally-binding eSignature capability, ShareFile can help organizations digitize and speed up their signature processes.
- Simplified sharing through email – Email is the father of productivity tools. Other apps attempt to strike back, but email always seems to return. With plug-ins for Outlook and Gmail, ShareFile makes secure sharing from popular email apps simple and easy.
- Information Rights Management (IRM) – Although we’d like to keep our most sensitive information under lock and key, sometimes it needs to be shared with external collaborators. By applying watermarking to the document with Information Rights Management, recipients will know it’s to forward those files to anyone who is not authorized to view them.
- Added security through machine learning – There’s no reason to fly solo when it comes to security. Citrix Analytics applies machine learning to the files stored in your organization’s Content Collaboration account. Not only will Citrix Analytics detect anomalous or risky behavior by your end users and flag external security threats, but also, it will take automated action to protect against data exfiltration.