When I make an important purchasing decision, such as buying a new computer or choosing my next vacation destination, I rely on my friends and family to give me honest recommendations. There’s a lot of money and time on the line! I want to learn from the experience of others I trust. The same process goes for small businesses trying to choose the right online file-sharing solution. What does the firm down the street use to share files? Are they happy with their file-sharing service? What are their favorite features?
We asked more than 900 businesses what’s most important in a file-sharing solution and this is what we learned:
- 90% of professionals say remote access to office PCs is critical
- 86% prioritize bank-level encryption as a feature
- 87% want automatic cloud syncing
- 84% say permissions, such as granting or limiting file and folder access, is key
Comparing ShareFile vs. Dropbox, Box, Google, and OneDrive
Thus, what does that all mean when comparison shopping file-sharing solutions for business? We looked at how ShareFile stacks up against industry leaders like Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, and Microsoft OneDrive. Though each has a robust set of features of their own, ShareFile delivers the features businesses find to be the most important. These include:
- Outlook Plugin: ShareFile integrates with Microsoft Outlook to add encryption to messages and files and eliminate attachment-size restrictions. OneDrive has this feature as well.
- Encrypted Email: If you are not familiar with encrypted email, read this post immediately. Then you’ll see why ShareFile is the way to go for secure collaboration.
- E-signatures: What’s the point in sharing files back and forth for approval if you can’t seal the deal with a valid signature? And do it all on a mobile device anytime, anywhere.
- Document Approvals: Both Box and ShareFile offer a document approval workflow to keep your team’s projects on track.
- Storage Connectors: ShareFile enables you to connect directly to storage providers, including Dropbox and Google Drive, for a single point of access to all your files.
- Remote Access: Enjoy access to the files stored on office computers or servers anywhere.
Of course, this all has to come at the right price point for your business – and we’re here to help you make the decision that best fits your team’s needs – so go ahead and schedule a free collaboration consultation or visit ShareFile.com to learn more!