Each year, Gartner publishes their coveted Magic Quadrants, naming “leaders” in the technology industry based on ability to execute and completeness of vision. Over the past 3 years, Citrix has been positioned as a “leader” in the EFSS Magic Quadrant – in 2017, Gartner has introduced its inaugural Magic Quadrant for Content Collaboration Platforms.
Shifting Focus from File Sync and Sharing to Content Collaboration Platforms
Digital transformation is here and affecting every organization. Businesses realize that they must innovate and upgrade to meet the business requirements of employees, partners, and customers without risking the security and compliance of their data that IT demands.
In the past, IT grasped multiple strategies for data storage, sharing, management, and collaboration. As the demands of IT and business productivity grew, many single-focus solutions became commodities and a new set of digital business offerings evolved into content management platforms. These new platforms, developed with both the end user and IT in mind, go beyond traditional file sync and sharing to deliver more advanced features in data security, productivity, and workflows. They deliver a wide range of features and services that support multiple use cases, vertical needs, external compliance, content types and storage locations.
Why Users Choose ShareFile
In response to trends favoring consumerization, digital natives in the workplace, and the movement of paper processes to digital, Citrix is evolving ShareFile from a basic sync and share tool to a platform that supports all document-centric tasks and workflows required by the modern enterprise. Enterprises choose ShareFile based on the following value props:
- Secure by design: We understand the challenges in balancing security and user experience. Our vision is to enable security automation based on data and its context like user, device, location, operations and other relevant data.
- Data Source Choice: ShareFile is one of the few offerings that gives organizations the choice of where to store files, allowing selection of the option that best meets the company’s needs, including any cloud, on-premises, and hybrid IT infrastructures.
- Streamlining User Collaboration with Document Workflows: Built-in co-authoring, feedback, and approval processes give colleagues a convenient hub to collectively create, review, modify, annotate, track document changes, and get legally binding signatures in real time.
- Mobility without migration: We offer choice of using our cloud storage zones or integrating with existing storage hardware to deliver customer-managed storage zones.
- Optimized for Virtualization: Organizations can use ShareFile for all their workers, whether they are in the field using mobile devices, in the office on a laptop or anywhere using virtual desktops.
Content Data is the lifeblood of any organization, and Citrix is committed to extending ShareFile into a broader range of document-centric processes and to help customers solve problems and increase productivity.
Click for a complimentary copy of the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant Report for Content Collaboration Platforms
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.