The holiday season is officially underway, which means shopping for gifts, hosting parties, entertaining family and lots of traveling. While it may be the most wonderful time of the year, it’s also one of the most stressful. Balancing work commitments with extra family and personal activities can be incredibly challenging. With so much going on, now is the perfect time to use the growing trend of workshifting to make sure you are spending your time the right way—not the stressful way. Workshifting is essentially the ability to work from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
Okay Scrooge, perhaps you need more convincing. Here are 5 ways workshifting can improve the holidays:
- Skip the busy hours at the mall. Everyone knows the mall gets the most crowded after work and on the weekends. When you workshift, you can shift your work schedule to beat the crowds.
- Have more family time. Missed out on baking cookies with the kids last year? This year, work at home, and you can join in the fun while still meeting deadlines and staying productive.
- Enjoy a quiet working space. Everyone’s scrambling to get things done at work before the holidays, which means more unexpected desk visits, phone calls, etc. If these interruptions hurt your productivity, try staying home and catch up on some of the things you’ve been hoping to finish.
- Take care of last-minute tasks at any time. Forgot to send that end of the year report to your boss? Need to hop on a meeting with a colleague? No sweat. Workshifting lets you take care of any last-minute tasks no matter where you are.
- Lower your stress levels. The holidays move at a frantic pace and it’s easy to be overwhelmed. Having control and flexibility over your work and personal life can do wonders in reducing your anxiety.
ShareFile, makes it easy to work from anywhere. You can be just as effective at your job at home or traveling as you would be sitting at your desk.
Are you planning to workshift during the holidays? Share how you’re going manage your busy schedule below.