An FTP client is cumbersome and confusing to new users, but many companies still use FTP to transfer files with their clients and vendors. In addition to requiring that every single person connecting to the FTP server download and install a client, these companies must maintain the server itself, tying up IT and financial resources that could serve a better purpose elsewhere in their organization. These drawbacks have led businesses to look for more efficient, user-friendly solutions.
Send large files fast with ShareFile
Citrix ShareFile is a web-based, easy-to-use tool for sharing files up to 10 GB. With no required software to download or need to set up an FTP server, you can start using ShareFile right away. Clients love transferring files through a simple online interface that they can access from any computer or mobile device, anywhere. Administrators love advanced tracking features and settings that help them maintain total control over company data.
- Convenient, anytime access
- Internet-based ShareFile saves the time and hassle necessary for managing FTP. All users need is a web browser or a ShareFile mobile app to connect to the online account to review or upload files. Unlike FTP client software, the ShareFile web interface is customizable and displays your company’s logo and colors for a professional appearance.
- Privacy and control of data
- Files transferred to and from ShareFile are always encrypted during the transfer stage and while at rest on SSAE 16 certified servers. ShareFile accounts are password protected, and users with administrative access on the account are able to determine which files and feature other users may see and use on the account on an individual basis. This makes it easy to keep your files safe and private while ensuring that the right data is shared with the right people.
- Easy-to-read reports
- Alleviate constant worry over whether your files have been received or when your coworkers and clients will post the files you need. ShareFile offers email notifications that let you know as soon as new files are posted or when your files are accessed. Custom reports allow you to get the data you need on account use.
- Compatibility with the tools you use everyday
- Ease the transition to a new file sharing service with ShareFile integration tools. For users who choose to continue to use a traditional FTP client, ShareFile supports FTP. ShareFile Sync and Outlook integrations make it possible to use secure file transfer without interrupting your normal workflow.
Sign up for a 30-day free trial today to see how ShareFile can save your company time, money and effort over FTP clients.