File Sharing on the Go? ShareFile Has Apps for That!
Apple and Android Mobile Applications Provide Instant Access to Business Files and Folders
RALEIGH, NC--(Marketwire - March 31, 2011) - Small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) continue to depend more heavily on their smartphones and tablet computers as a way to do business while away from the office. To support this need, ShareFile, a leading provider of secure file transfer and full-featured virtual data room solutions that enable companies to exchange large and/or confidential business files, is equipping SMBs with Apple iOS and Android file sharing applications. By making ShareFile's service accessible from a wider range of devices, SMBs can be more productive and truly mobile.
ShareFile's mobile applications are available on March 31, 2011 for Android operating systems and will be available in early Q2 for all devices running Apple iOS.
- The Apple iOS and Android mobile applications will be free to download for ShareFile users.
- The native applications play to the strengths of mobile devices:
- They are optimized for mobile screen resolution and connectivity speeds.
- Users can browse files or folders and share them via ShareFile without having to download them.
- Users of the mobile applications will have seamless access to all files and folders on their account.
- ShareFile's mobile applications will have built-in access to previously downloaded files, allowing users to view files without re-downloading them.
Jesse Lipson, Chief Executive Officer, ShareFile:
"As a file sharing service focused exclusively on business users, we realize that sometimes files need to be accessed or shared outside of the four walls of a traditional office. With the recent release of our Sync tools, mobile web application, and now native mobile applications for Android and iOS, we are continuing to make it easier for businesses do get the job done regardless of their physical location."